Tuesday 22 September 2015

My Travels #2 MARRAKECH

Lanterns on the Market
Marjorelle Gardens 
Marjorelle Gardens
Camels in the Palmeries 
Chocolate store at the Market
Essaouira
Rug Shop
Goat tree on the way to Essaouira
Food stall at the Market
Seashells at Essaouira
Mint Tea
Jemaa El Fna
Food Market at Jemaa El Fna
The Marrakechi Wine Bar
Night Market
Arabic Starbucks
Cafe du Poste
A B52 (Kahlua, Baileys & Cointreau)
Marrakech has alway been a place I wanted to visit and this Summer I was so lucky to have the chance to go with my bestie. We only spent a week in Marrakech but we managed to visit almost all of the tourist spots and truly immersed ourselves in Moroccan culture. Jemaa El Fna was by far my favourite place, we went to the food market almost every night for cheap but very delicious food (the aubergines were the best!!) Something that I will alway remember about Marrakech is the call for prayer, that you hear wherever you are 5 times a day, its very eerie but you get used to it and learn to find it very majestic and beautiful. Having never been on holiday in a Muslim country I had no idea what to expect. We both came very prepared with coverup clothing in order to respect their culture even though many other tourists were wearing shorts etc. I would advice covering up not only out of respect but also to avoid the sun. The only thing about visiting Marrakech in the Summer is that it is like walking around ON the SUN!! It was so hot while we were there, reaching highs of 48°c!! I would advise anyone going to Marrakech to avoid the summer months, otherwise it a fantastic place to visit and I highly recommend it to anyone! Ruby x

No comments:

Post a Comment